We’re clinging on to Summer up here at the moment. Every now and again a wet, dreich day creeps in, however the sun keeps battling through and the summer wardrobe is bearing up….just! Autumn is just around the corner however. I love the change of seasons from Summer to Autumn and Winter to Spring, as there is often quite a contrast between these two seasonal changes. I thought I would do a wee trawl through past photos to dig up some of my favourite photos of Autumn past…
There’s something about the drop in temperature contrasting against the burnt orange glow of the sun and the vivid colour of the leaves that is really enticing. However I think I need to begin to prepare for the colder months ahead so I am taking some precautionary steps!
2) New boots: my boots all seem to have given out at the same point so I think a new pair is in order.
3) Recipe hunts: time to dig out the recipe books and start planning some lovely warming dishes, however the staple of baked macaroni cheese with crispy bacon will be at the top of the list.
4) Dig out the Whisky: the G&T now needs to give way to a far more warming tipple!
5) Candles: they create such a lovely atmosphere in a room, particularly as the nights start to drawn in.
6) Make the most of seasonal celebrations: it’s far too easy to hide away indoors so this year I am going to make an effort and celebrate Halloween and Bonfire Night properly.