A little late this post as I probably should have written it for last week however there’s still plenty of time to enjoy March so here we go!
1) Support your local wine merchants – I was at a Champagne tasting at the weekend in Aitkens and as well as tasting a range of very lovely fizzes, they reminded us once again about how spending money on cheap wine was not very sensible. The result of this? I had spent a significant amount of money in their shop by the end of the night including this bottle that I am saving for Mother’s Day:
I also was dazzled by the range of gins that they had in the shop though I must admit it’s probably more of an aesthetic preference rather than a tasting preference! Anyway I came away with this bottle which is apparently lovely; once the tonic is added the aroma of cardamon filters out!
I’ll be honest – I liked the elephants! Anyway, they do gin-tasting sessions as part of their repertoire so I think I may try to organise one for early summer!
2) Make someone happy – It will be World Happiness Day on the 20th March and whether or not you subscribe to themed days such as this I think a little more happiness in the world wouldn’t come amiss!
3) Buy something copper for the house – I think I’m a bit late with this trend but I like the warmth it creates.
I bought the white and copper tea-light holders from Lovely Things and the two holders in the middle are actually Nutella jars decorated with copper spray paint (rather inexpertly done which is why there isn’t a close up or an additional post on how to do it!).
4) Find time to read a good book – I am currently taking part in an online reading challenge whereby I have to read books that fit a range of categories. It’s quite good fun but it’s also a bit of a challenge as I am reading things that I would not necessarily choose to read. There is nothing better however than finding time and space to sit down in a comfy chair and cosy up with a book and a cup of tea!
5) Get away with friends – I have a girls’ weekend away planned this month and I am really looking forward to it. Another cottage in the highlands with hot tub is booked, the fizz will be to hand, there will be gossip, lots of food and fresh air. It can’t come soon enough!