The months are rolling by and it really doesn’t feel like summer has hit yet. Holidays are on the horizon though, I just have to work out a way of surviving the intervening weeks in the meantime! Anyway, here’s June’s list of things to do:
1) Get out and enjoy the sunshine (when it appears)! I love living by the sea – it sounds corny but it definitely lifts my spirits and has done me the world of good in the last year. I can thoroughly recommend it!
2) Get out and enjoy the long evenings too (even if it’s blowing a gale, which it has been doing a lot of up here recently)! I love getting home from work and still feeling like I have a day to enjoy before I go to bed.
3) Wear something bright and colourful, regardless of the weather! I bought these Cath Kidston trousers back in the Easter sales and they’ve been worn once so far – not good!
4) Find a way to get in the holiday mood, even if it’s a while till you go away. For me this means reading a guidebook for Lisbon and doing some culinary ‘research’ into the humble Portuguese Custard Tart! If you’ve been before and have some tips about places to visit, please let me know!
5) Spend time having a leisurely breakfast. My weekend mornings are currently being spent sitting at a desk and studying, however every now and again on a Sunday, I’ll buy the papers, toast a bagel and heap it high with buttery scrambled eggs and bacon. Heaven!
6) Treat yourself to an expensive bar of chocolate. I went a little mad in the Balgove Farm Shop outside St. Andrews however each morsel of chocolate that I’ve put in my mouth has lifted my spirits so it was worth it. Of the three, I can thoroughly recommend the Monty Bojangles truffles – they are gorgeous!
7) Finally, spend time with family and friends. When I’m not studying I have been doing a lot of this instead and these people keep me sane! Thank you! I’ve also got some lovely weekends planned in the coming months, catching up with people I haven’t seen in a while and I can’t wait to see them. Plus there’s Father’s Day to be thinking about! It’s a busy time of year!